Accessible Customer Service Policy
Customers with physical or mental disabilities deserve the same high level of service given to any other customer. At Almost Perfect Inc, we believe this is simply common courtesy as well as good customer service.
For customers with restricted mobility, wheelchairs and families with strollers, there are ramps located at each Almost Perfect location or plaza.
We or the plaza that our locations are offer at least one or more accessible parking spaces depending on what Almost Perfect location you are visiting.
We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services. Although Almost Perfect does not provide assistive devices in our retail locations, persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as needed when accessing goods and services provided by Almost Perfect.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We have trained our staff to communicate and interact with customers with various types of disabilities
Service animals and support person
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of the premise that are open to the public. We will also ensure that all staff dealing with the public are properly trained on how to interact with people who are accompanied by a service animal.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Almost Perfect premises with his or her support person.
At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Almost Perfect will notify customer promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption and its anticipated length of time.
The ultimate goal of Almost Perfect is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving customers with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcomed and appreciated. Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Almost Perfect provided goods and services to people with disabilities can speak to our store Team Leaders or contact our Head Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-666-6
Modification to this policy
Almost Perfect is committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities.
Any policy of Almost Perfect that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people will be modified or removed.
Questions about this policy
This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers with disabilities. If anyone has a questions about the policy, or if the purpose of a policy is not understood, an explanation should be provided by Head Office.
Almost Perfect … what does that mean?
- Almost Perfect is the best way to describe the goods we carry. The products may be factory seconds, overstocked, a manufacturer close out, or change of packaging. The products may be “almost perfect” but the taste and the savings are FANTASTIC!
Why do grocery manufacturers liquidate products?
- Like many other manufacturers, food manufacturers often have overstocks, product seconds and occasions when they need to “close out” or liquidate a product.
- The manufacturer may not be able to sell it to the intended retailer or restaurant so they sell it to us at dramatically discounted prices! Often you can save 30-70% off regular suggested retail.
Is the product the same as what I would find in the grocery store?
- Many of our products are manufactured as first quality but due to minor imperfections they may not meet factory specifications. Change of packaging, discontinued or slightly damaged items ensure the deals are always great!
- Small imperfections mean BIG SAVINGS for you! We are so confident in our merchandise that we offer a 100% money back guarantee.
Why do you say “Shop us often”?
- New, incredible bargains are arriving on a daily basis! Many times we only receive a one time shipment and limited quantities, so one thing for sure, when you see it, buy it! Stock up as much as you can before it disappears forever!
Why do you charge for bags?
- To keep our costs down, and our prices low, we do our best to recycle our cardboard boxes for customers to use to take home their groceries. We offer plastic bags for your convenience at a cost of 5¢ each. We encourage you to bring bags or a cooler from home.
How can I franchise a store?
- We are not franchising at this time.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept Interac and cash.
How Does it Work?
Many customers inquire about where the product comes from and why is it “Almost Perfect”. We deal directly with major Canadian and US manufacturers and distributors, whom from time to time run into inventory problems. The majority of the product we see is usually a result of overproduction.
The manufacturer has produced more than they predicted would sell over a period of time, and they need to clear the product out of their warehouse…..they call us.
For example- Manufacturer A goes to market with a new product – predicting they will sell 100,000 units. They only sell 75,000 units – so they are overstocked with 25,000 units – the manufacturer calls us.
We also see product that may be deemed “IMPERFECT” due to cosmetic imperfections. These minor issues no way affect the taste- however the product may not look the way the producer intended.
On many occasions, you will not be able to see the imperfections, as they look perfect to us- but they are not how the manufacturer intended…. so this means incredible savings for you.
For example- Manufacturer B produces desserts for a major restaurant chain. The restaurant wants the cakes to serve 8 however they were cut incorrectly into 10 pieces.
The restaurant rejects the cakes based on the size of cake slices……the manufacturer calls us.
We also carry product that may have undergone a packaging change, or has promotional material on the packaging making it no longer current. Since packaging costs and materials are expensive, the manufacturer may decide to produce fresh product to fill the boxes to recoup some of the costs.
For example- Manufacturer C did a promotional tie in with a free product coupon printed on the packaging. The coupon is no longer valid therefore cannot be sold in the tradiional markets.
The manufacturer fills the product with fresh merchandise and – they call us.
We source the majority of our products opportunistically. However, on some items, this may not be possible. The savings may not be as phenomenal however they are still well priced and we feel it is important to stock them for your convenience.